Answered

Recyle question (s).

• 3 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Can I unplug a speaker with 9 days to go for full recycle mode/shut-down?

Also … why does the recycle mode take 21 days?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 3 December 2019, 19:58

You can absolutely unplug it before hand. The timer is designed so that people have time to get the replacement in place before the old one stops working.

We’re working to bring a “deactivate now” function as well, so you can press that if you don’t need to wait. I don’t think that is in the app just yet, but it’s on the way soon (probably after your 9 days though). 

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

You can absolutely unplug it before hand. The timer is designed so that people have time to get the replacement in place before the old one stops working.

We’re working to bring a “deactivate now” function as well, so you can press that if you don’t need to wait. I don’t think that is in the app just yet, but it’s on the way soon (probably after your 9 days though). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I recycled a couple of mine before the drop-dead date with no issues.

The delay is to give you time to order and hook up your replacement Sonos before the old one quits.

Thanks fellers, much appreciated.