Question About Playbar Night Mode

• 13 May 2018
  • 3 replies

I'm considering adding a Playbar to replace my current soundbar. But the one big issue I have with the Bose Solo is with the feature I bought it for. You can turn on a "Dialog" mode which is supposed to make speech easier to hear. It does semi-fair job but loud sounds are still pretty loud and quiet talk is still quiet talk.

What I'm looking to know from owners is this. I want to be able to set a reasonable listening volume in the evenings and have the Playbar not get too loud and those quiets whispers you'll actually be able to hear. Will it do that? Right now I have to hang tight to my remote so that when the action pumps I have to crank it down, when the dialog starts up I have to crank it up, then down, then up. I'm looking for a solution to that.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Frankly, it depends on two things. First, the quality of the mixing of audio of the show you’re watching, and second, the way your ears work. I can tenn you that I have the issue only about 1% of the time, but your experience might be different.

The good thing is that if you purchase the PLAYBAR from Sonos, or some other authorized dealer, you have a return period if you find it not to your liking. I’d bet you won’t return it, but I don’t know what you watch, or how you hear.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Not sure about the Playbar but the Playbase has both a Night mode that levels volume and a Dialog mode to enhance speech. They do seem to have an effect. Perhaps both it what you want if the Playbar also has both.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
does anyone know what exactly is changed? Before SW Version 9 i dont need this function but since Version 9 the volume balance has changed dramatically and i can only watch DD5.1 with night mode on.
compared to off mode the whole sound sounds a bit worser and Bass needs to be adjusted in EQ.