Answered

Qualcomm new AI, smart speaker processor

• 20 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 19 replies
Will Sonos use this new hardware or do you guys make your own? QCS400 SoC series. And if so, which product will you implement it in? You probably won't answer that Cuz that would spoil future announcements I believe? Hopefully I get somewhat of an answer.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2019/03/19/qualcomm-launches-new-ai-enabled-highly-integrated-socs-and-dedicated-smart
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 20 March 2019, 14:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sonos hasn't stated the exact hardware components of their current products, and never has in the past. I don't think that's going to change, unless this chip/platform because so well-known to the consumers that it would be a deciding factor in their purchase.

I understand why you'd want to know, but generally speaking Sonos doesn't doesn't gain anything from making this sort of information public, other than making it a little easier for competitors to copy/steal their tech.