Product Suggestion: Mini Sub Woofer

• 24 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Firstly, love the Sonos system I have. So much I have purchased a system for a mate for his wedding present. Anyway,so I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Sonos SUB. While it is a great product, it is way overpowered for an apartment, so much I'm waiting for the neighbors to complain even at 1/3 power. Can I suggest to the Sonos team to create a "Mini SUB" for those that don't want to spend the big bikkies and don't need oodles of power, but still want a reasonable sized, power and priced SUB. Personally, I think the sales would massive, and wouldn't overly hurt sales of the current SUB. Also it would make adding a sub to other rooms more cost affective (I can't see the average household buying more than one full sized SUB at the moment. Just a thought!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I won't speak to its size, but the Sub is given the power it has to do its job - of reproducing the lower frequencies at sound levels that are adequate to keep these in balance with the music being played by the main speakers such as even the play 1 units, over their range of sound level delivery. Reduce the power significantly, and it would not do this job.

Can this job be done by a smaller and cheaper Sub as well, that is just as powerful? Probably not, but that is for Sonos to answer.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Firstly, love the Sonos system I have. So much I have purchased a system for a mate for his wedding present. Anyway,so I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Sonos SUB. While it is a great product, it is way overpowered for an apartment, so much I'm waiting for the neighbors to complain even at 1/3 power. Can I suggest to the Sonos team to create a "Mini SUB" for those that don't want to spend the big bikkies and don't need oodles of power, but still want a reasonable sized, power and priced SUB. Personally, I think the sales would massive, and wouldn't overly hurt sales of the current SUB. Also it would make adding a sub to other rooms more cost affective (I can't see the average household buying more than one full sized SUB at the moment. Just a thought!

Just saw a small woofer from B&W. I'm sure that Sonos can create one that can move sound in smaller rooms!!
Badge
I have a playbar with a sub on my tv and love it.

I have FIVE other play one pairs in different rooms.

If sonos had a $300 sub, I would buy one for each room.

At $700 I cant justify that cost.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Agreed, I'd be all for this!
Badge
+1
I'd buy a couple smaller subs. The form factor is also an issue (besides cost).
There are a couple rooms where I wouldn't want the aesthetic of the existing style SONOS sub...I'd prefer a sub that would be easier to hide.