problems

• 20 November 2021
  • 6 replies

After last update speakers loosing connection. I am tired restarting system and app. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You may benefit from assigning reserved IP addresses in your router for the Sonos devices. It sounds like your router has difficulty with duplicate IP addresses when the Sonos devices soft reboot during a update process. 

Routers have different methods for that process, your best bet would be to refer to your specific router’s manual on how to do that. 

Thanks but what should I do? 

I have symfonisk in one room but my main set is Arc, sub gen 3 and two one's sl

Which device is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable?

As suggested, set up reserved IP addresses in your router’s DHCP table. Check it’s manual to see how to do so. 

None of them. When Arc is connected with ethernet subwoofer is not working. So all speakers are connected with wi-fi. I have to separate"rooms" one where tv is (Arc, sub and two one's)  and my home office with two Ikeas. After few restarts everything is ok. But sometimes, mainly after update is bad and I don't like it as you probably assume. 

Which is exactly why I’ve already suggested that you read your router’s manual, and set up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices. It would ‘fix’ that issue that your experiencing after an update. If you’re continuing to have difficulty, call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.