Answered

Press play on one speaker - without playing music on all speakers.

• 4 February 2019
  • 3 replies

I have 4 Sonos speakers: bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and living room.

When entering the bathroom in the morning I would like to physically tap the play button on my Sonos speaker (quicker than picking up my phone). However, when I do this - all my Sonos speakers starts to play. This is unfortunate as my wife is often still asleep in the bedroom.

All speakers are grouped together - this is how we like it. We play music on all speakers - except in the morning.

My question is: Is it possible to use any of the physical buttons on my bathroom speaker to only start music on that speaker?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 February 2019, 17:06

For better or worse, it will always honor the last settings that were made, so if it was grouped before, it will stay grouped.
View original

3 replies

Long-press on the play/pause button will detach a player from an active group, but the group needs to actually be playing first (thereby disturbing everyone).

Perhaps a simple workaround in this instance would be to use an alarm on the bathroom speaker, without the Include grouped rooms option enabled. Run the alarm a bit earlier in the morning, at zero volume, for a minute or so. This will detach the speaker from the group, and play/pause can be pressed later to resume the source.
For better or worse, it will always honor the last settings that were made, so if it was grouped before, it will stay grouped.
Thanks for your response!
@ratty: I tried your tip this morning and it worked surprisingly well!
The silent alarm detached the speaker and when I pressed play in the morning the music played on said speaker only:)
Thank you!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings