Answered

Powering a SONOS 5 speaker on/off

• 10 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Haven’t even bought into SONOS but am SO close to doing so. One bit of information I have been unable to find concerns how power is managed. I’m specifically looking at the SONOS 5 (maybe the Move) to use as a system in my den, as a stereo pair. Once setup is it “always on”? That is, when I want to use it will I just select it in my device (any Apple device using AirPlay) and then play? Or are there power switches?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 January 2022, 01:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Only Sonos’ portable speakers (Move and Roam) have power buttons. All other Sonos products are designed to stay powered on so you can easily access them at any time in the Sonos app. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/985?language=en_US

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well that didn’t take long! Much thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear, both about the always on and an excuse to go for the 5 and not the Move.

Userlevel 7

Well that didn’t take long! Much thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear, both about the always on and an excuse to go for the 5 and not the Move.

If you keep the Move on its charger, you can keep it on at all times without it losing its charge, and it will always be accessible in the Sonos app just like the Five.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you keep the Move on its charger, you can keep it on at all times without it losing its charge, and it will always be accessible in the Sonos app just like the Five.

I was thinking that would be an option when I read the article you linked, and a couple others. Still, I bet I pretend that the 5 is my only option. Hehe!