Answered

Power off

• 9 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I have three speakers. They are in my fitness facility. I have them all under one grouping and working fine. I have two play ones and one play five .

The last when I hooked up is on a power source that is connected to automatic lights. When the lights turn off after 10 minutes the Sonos also turned off. When someone walks in the room the lights turn on, the Sonos turns on, but it does not go back into playing music. Is there a way to set it or he’ll get with the other speaker so that when the power comes back on so those the music . The other two are continually going power never shuts off .
icon

Best answer by jgatie 9 August 2018, 22:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No way of automatically play music. In addition, cycling the power on/off like that can shorten the life of the electronics due to the heat/cool effect. Sonos are made to stay powered on. Best bet is to get the Play:5 on an unswitched outlet.
Thank you, I’m going to have my electrician come in tomorrow and hook an outlet where the ceiling fans connect . They are actually body activated but have power on all the time .

Thank you for your response .. from reading I thought I was going to be able to hook to Sonos ones together, As a regular speaker and thought it would turn on automatically if they were hooked up