Answered

possible to select specific mesh node for Roam?

• 25 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have a very simple system that works fairly well: 2 Roam speakers connecting to an Asus mesh system with two nodes (the one wires to fios router and one satellite node).  
It works fine when the speakers are indoors but the speakers start to drop when I go outdoors.  I gather it’s due to a relatively poor wifi signal BUT I noticed that the speakers connect only to the wifi signal coming from the router that’s hardwired to the Fios router, even though the other node is much much closer to the speakers.  
Q: Is there any way to force the Roam to connect to the nearest node?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 April 2022, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Have you perhaps tried powering off the Roam fully and powering it on again when actually outdoors, to see if it then connects to the nearby node on startup instead?

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi does your mesh have a seamless roaming function? may be you need to turn that setting on.  i know my tp-link deco does which automatically moves your device to the nearest node but i had turn on that feature as it was not on by default.

Have you perhaps tried powering off the Roam fully and powering it on again when actually outdoors, to see if it then connects to the nearby node on startup instead?

I haven't tried that yet but will give it a go. 

hi does your mesh have a seamless roaming function? may be you need to turn that setting on.  i know my tp-link deco does which automatically moves your device to the nearest node but i had turn on that feature as it was not on by default.

I believe it does, in that other devices will change ip the node they are connecting to.   Not sure if the Roam might have similar setting though.