please focus on the music

• 21 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I don’t know if it’s just me but I’m fed up with updating most times I want to listen to a song, I have to update/ log In/ do some *** which stops me from just listening to a tune, I’ve spent a fair amount of cash on Sonos as I love how it sounds, however, if you could just make it so it just works until I decide to update, etc, it would be ace, say I get home from a do/night out, I don’t want to have to log in, update, subscribe, whatever… I just want to put some tunes on. Why oh why shouldn’t this be easy, please oh please focus on the music, not the politics of the Sonos brand, that’s why I love ya, not the feedback generation. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can ignore update prompts till you’re ready, unless the controller app has already updated itself so it’s incompatible with the player firmware, or vice versa. Controllers and players must run compatible versions.

Stop your phone app from auto-updating, or enable automatic background updates for the player firmware in the controller’s Settings/System/System Updates.