Playing Sonos speakers in conjunction with internal computer speakers on my Mac

• 16 February 2014
  • 6 replies

I just put your system throughout my house and love it, but I'm a little disappointed that I can't play my Play 5 in sync with my internal computer speakers on my Mac. Help? I don't want to wire them to each other to make that happen.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello,

This is not yet possible. However, the idea has been suggested before. I will merge your post with the original idea.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Björn L.
Userlevel 1
Please reconsider this feature. I was extremely disappointed that I could not play music output with my PC sound card line output to a living room surround sound system in addition to the remote Play 5 speaker. How hard would it be to route that same music stream output through normal OS APIs responsible for sound playback?
This feature seems like a no brainer to me.  I am surprised and disappointed that it does not function.  My desk computer has great speakers attached to it and I can't play the same music on it as the rest of the Sonos system.  lame.  
Returning my Sonos Play 5 for this very reason.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Sonos, this is a joke.

The only way to do this is through buying a connect, which is a $349 product.
Better integration between the computer app and sonos or local speakers is a very common request, but they simply will not do it. They would rather push everyone to a $349 product and risk alienating their customer base.

These decisions are clearly about sales and not satisfaction. It would be very easy for them to add this into the desktop app, but they won't. 

If you have that sort of money to blow, go for it. If you don't, it's 2015, there are a host of new products out there that can.

*Also, moderators, there are a ton of similar suggestions to this that you are not merging into one, yet are merging many others. This keeps the count artificially low.
Yes it's a real shame I am unable to choose and sort songs and make playlists on my MacBook using headphones or in a room without Sonus speakers or away from home.