Answered

PlayBase surround issue, and/or wifi problem

• 11 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I've had my Plabase + 2 Play:1 set up in surround mode for a year + without any issue. Everything on WiFi setup.
The PlayBase has had a wired connection since i got it, but when I got the Play:1s I switched to WiFi as I did not want to add cables to the surrond speakers.

A while ago I noticed that there was no longer any sound from the Play:1s. I tried to remove the surround, and re-add it. But it gives me an error.

It goes through the set-up, I press the buttons on the speakers to add them to the surround.
I get notified this:

"Preparing the speakers in this room to work together. This may take a minute."

I can play anything on the Play:1s on their own, but I can not add them to the PlayBase as surround speakers. It goes through the set, I press the buttons, and comes to:

"Preparing the speakers in this room to work together. This may take a minute."

Then I get:

"Setup problem

There was a problem preparing your speakers.

Please check your network connection or the power on your speakers in this room"

I tried through advanced setting switch the PlayBase to Wifi but when I try to connect it give me an error message:

"Wireless Problem
Please check the name and password for your network. Ensure you are using a 2.4GHz wideless network.." etc..

I know that the password is correct, it works on all other devices, including 4 other Sonos Speakers.

Could this be a faulty Wifi card in the PlayBase that messes thing up?
How do I verify that?

i have tried with a different router, change the SSID, changed the password etc. Everyting else, including the other Sonos speakers will connect, but not the PlayBase.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by PatWen 11 September 2018, 10:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Forgot this:

There is no sound when I play music either. I have the system set to "FULL" when playing music, and there used to be sound from the 1s. Now, nothing.
233236876 submitted if someone looks.
Update: Got reply from Twitter within 10 minutes, faulty WiFi card, PlayBase will be replaced within warranty.