Playbase on Tuesday it seems?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Seems that Sonos is introducing new hardware on Tuesday. The rumored Playbase seems set to arrive. Really interested to hear the sound coming out of that unit.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PLAYBASE-Home-Cinema-System-Black/dp/B06XD9C9N4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1488720705&sr=1-1&keywords=sonos+playbase
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PLAYBASE-Home-Cinema-System-Black/dp/B06XD9C9N4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488726290&sr=8-1&keywords=playbase
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Sound will no doubt be good. Surely it is whether it has hdmi or optical is more of interest.
Userlevel 2
Would have rather had a clock radio type device with an option of beeping alarm......Not sure how many playbase's they will sell...........
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Never realised this site was run by dictators.I have twice posted on here that amazon.co.uk are taking pre orders for this and twice it has been taken down. Why??
Competitors are able to read.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Competitors are able to read.

Read what? How to pre order.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Never realised this site was run by dictators.I have twice posted on here that amazon.co.uk are taking pre orders for this and twice it has been taken down. Why??

I just took a look at Amazon UK .. it has been taken down from there too apparently
Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I just took a look at Amazon UK .. it has been taken down from there too apparently

Yeah your right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Your URLs were likely caught by the moderation filter and would have needed to be approved first. Both links are appearing now.

This site has had a rash of spam, people posting phone numbers for false technical support services, hoping for them to be picked up by search engines. The numbers in the links you posted likely were a trigger for the moderation requirement for those posts.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Your URLs were likely caught by the moderation filter and would have needed to be approved first. Both links are appearing now.

This site has had a rash of spam, people posting phone numbers for false technical support services, hoping for them to be picked up by search engines. The numbers in the links you posted likely were a trigger for the moderation requirement for those posts.

Thanks for that, i just found it strange. i take everything back.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
4th April availability and reads like a playbar.
So the TV sits on top of the playbase ... must be pretty strong to take the weight?
Badge
They do not mention which format the Base can read. To be clear: is it reading DTS now??
Badge
So the TV sits on top of the playbase ... must be pretty strong to take the weight? Up to 34 Kg. (or 75lb)
Userlevel 5
Badge
@atomick You can tell from the connections that no, it will not take DTS.
Badge
4th April availability and reads like a playbar. Are you sure? (because that means NO DTS...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
They do not mention which format the Base can read. To be clear: is it reading DTS now??

no