Question

Playbase not showing up in App/controller

• 4 February 2018
  • 5 replies

i have two play ones, playbase and sub. All but the playbase is showing up on the app/controller. There is no issue with the sound. I tried everything - restarting the router, playbase and app many times. In the beginning there would be no sound, but after replugging the playbase the sounds came back but still not connecting on the app. All other devices are working fine and no issue with the volume. Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What happens if you string an ethernet cable between your PLAYBASE and your router? Does it show up then?
Yes, it shows up when it's plugged in directly to the router
Ah, good. Then I'd suggest one of three possibilities. First, there may be some Wifi Interference that is interfering with its ability to join your network.

Second, it could be that it has a duplicate IP address. This could be fixed by powering it off, rebooting the router, and then plugging it back in. No need to disconnect it from the TV, you're just dealing with internet stuff. (sorry if I'm being pedantic!)

Finally, there's actually a small possibility that there's a hardware fault with the wifi card in it. While you've got it connected with ethernet and it's showing up in the controller, go ahead and submit a system diagnostic within 10 minute of experiencing this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it. I believe the diagnostic would be able to tell them if indeed it's a broken wifi card.

Good luck!
Thank u!! I will try all that and call Sonos if it doesn't work. Have a great day
So far, it's been pretty good. I hope you have a great day as well, and get your Sonos back to the way it should be 🙂