Answered

Playbase no longer works on wifi

• 6 November 2017
  • 14 replies

Last weekend my Playbase and 2 Play 1 surrounds suddenly dropped out and my system was not found by the app. I set them up again but whatever I do I cannot get the Playbase to work over wifi and it cannot be positioned next to the router in my hallway. If I wire it via ethernet I can connect but it cannot be wirelessly networked to complete setup. The rear speakers can be. I cannot get them all on the same room setup as the Playbase has to be moved to the TV to complete setup but then won't as it cannot connect on wifi. I did a factory reset on all units but that did not work. I brought the TV into the hallway to complete the remote setup after the reset so at least I can get sound and adjust the TV. I cannot get the Playbase on the network and therefore cannot pair it back with my surrounds. So frustrated!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 15 November 2017, 01:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Your Playbase may have a hardware fault, or it may be something in your network. I would submit a diagnostic with the Playbase disconnected and again with it connected via Ethernet. Post the reference numbers you receive here and a Sonos tech will get back to you.
Thanks jgatie. I ran a diagnostic earlier with the Playbase connected via ethernet - ref. 8049769. I've just run another now it's plugged in to the TV but not showing up on my system and it's ref. 8050408.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, User418910. Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this and thanks to jgatie for the assist. According to the diagnostic report, it seems the PLAYBASE has a faulty wireless card and will need to be replaced. I took the liberty of creating a support ticket for you regarding this with the reference number 171115-000242. Keep an eye on your email inbox for an email to gather final details. Thanks for your patience.
Hello,

I am having the same problem. My diagnostic number is 8168095.

Thanks
I have a similar issue, power went out.when it came back on no Sonos.
Tried resetting and starting over as new.
Got all the way to the wireless setup and nothing.
Screen say try again but to no avail I believe the wireless card is shot. 8375858 diag #
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What happens when you plug it in router. Does it come up then.

When it comes up plugged into router ... you go to settings...advanced...wifi settings. You input all that info. Then when remove from router it still disappears (you have to give it about 5 minutes to adjust).
Did you do that diagnostic while the speaker was connected via an ethernet cable, and showing up? If not, you'll need to do that. If the speaker isn't showing up in the controller app, there won't be any data about it in the diagnostic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Airgetlam is correct. You should hook to router and if comes up submit another diagnostic number.
I’ll do that, and yes it works fine connected to the router. I’ve had this unit for two plus years. I’ve reset it a few times without issue. I’ll hook back up to the router and send diagnostics.
New diagnostic # is 8375996. It’s still hooked up to the router.
Thanks Rich
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic report, Gitex. I am seeing a few DNS errors when the PLAY:1 reaches out to the internet. Additionally, it looks as if the PLAY:1 was being disconnected from the wireless network. What is the make and model of the router you are working with?
It’s on my uverse router Arris nvg589
I also noticed when trying to setup wirelessly the Sonos does show up asks for the password, takes it then searches try’s to hook up to the network . If I go back to the I pad or I phones setting the Sonos is not there anymore in the wireless group.
Btw thanks for the help..
Still nothing
I have sound through my playbase via the optical cable from my TV but my controller cannot find my playbase. My diagnostic number is: 8499908
I have just spoken with tech support and it appears that there is a problem with the wireless card in the playbase. Sonos are going to replace the unit.