Question

Playbar paired with Play One speaker

• 26 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I received a Playbar for Christmas and was told my 2006 model Sony Bravia is not compatible with the Player.
May I use the Playbar for music only connected to my other Sonos speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Absolutely, you can use the PLAYBAR as any other player, though you do have to go through the basic setup steps first. You should be able to let them time out and get it set up.

If that TV isn't outputting optical audio. you could get a HDMI switcher and have the audio from your sources go to that and then out to the PLAYBAR.
Thanks! I need to do a base setup for the Playbar?....what do you mean by "let them time out" to get it set up?
I do have optical output on the TV. I connected the cable and went to the TV menu. It was further in the Sony Bravia menu that I had a problem. I got the TV audio turned off in the settings and then there was something else that needed turning off that there was not a function in the TV menu the last setting the set up was asking for. Sorry I do not remember what that was called.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
TV should always output sound through the optical port, did you try the optical cable into the playbar?, at the worst you'll only get stereo but better than tv speakers.

Make sure Playbar is in "TV mode", in Browse menu.
Can I still play music from Pandora or Amazon Prime with the Playbar paired with my other Sonos speakers or is it supposed to be for TV audio only?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can I still play music from Pandora or Amazon Prime with the Playbar paired with my other Sonos speakers or is it supposed to be for TV audio only?

Yes, the Playbar will appear as another room. There are a few settings that you can set for the Playbar to ungroup it when TV Audio is detected and to automatically switch the Playbar to TV. Just look in the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>{Your PlarBar}>TV Setup