Question

Playbar Mount to WALL or to TV?

• 26 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Is there a functional difference between mounting the playbar to the wall vs. mounting it to the bottom of the TV? I am about to wall mount my TV for the first time and I will be on a full articulating mount. My intention to mount the playbar to the TV, so when I move the TV, the play bar comes with it.

But will this have a negative effect on the sound? Should I try to mount it on the wall instead?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I can't imagine the angular orientation of the Playbar with the TV would have much effect on the audio but I can't comment on whether or not mounting the Playbar to the TV will have a deleterious effect on the audio or not. My guess would be that if the Playbar were solidly mounted via the wall mount points it would be fine on the TV. I/m not aware that any TVs or TV wall mounts are set-up to do this though (mount a soundbar on the same mount)
Well my understanding of the Playbar is that it doesn't project sound straight out but relies on reflections off the walls to get good sound. That's why it does that tuneup via your cell phone ahead during set up.

I know the playbar will sound great mounted to wall. But then when I move the TV I have to make sure the optical cable has the play to stay connected to the TV.

Now if I mount it to the TV so it follows the TV, I have to deal with the power chord having to stretch to the Playbar.

But my real question is, will the Playbar sound good if its relationship to the space changes regularly?

I already have the mount for both the wall and connection to my TV mount. Just curious about sound quality.
We had our play bar wall mounted below the tv for a few years and always had issues when the tv was pulled out and angled. It seemed like the sound was getting trapped behind the tv. This weekend I mounted it to the top of the TV and have already noticed a big improvement. I have attached pics before and after.
I'd certainly believe that all those things (pictures, candles, phone) that were in front of the speaker would be a challenge for it to play through. Glad you were able to get it mounted above, without any obstructions in front of it.