Playbar and Connect AMP grouped volume

• 23 January 2014
  • 7 replies

When I group a Connect AMP and Playbar (which is connected to a TV), I can't control the volume using the TV's remote as a group, it only adjusts the volume of the Playbar. This means I have to reset the balance of the speakers within the group every time someone adjusts the volume using the TV remote. Having to adjust the volume on my Connect Amp within the Sonos app is a real pain. Is there a way the group volume can be controlled by the TV remote?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
+1, I have the same issue/wish!
Is there a way the group volume can be controlled by the TV remote?
No, it only controls the Playbar volume. Arguably this is what most people require if they've grouped Playbar with units in other rooms. One wouldn't want the TV viewer with the IR remote inadvertently blasting people in the rest of the house.

That said, I can see why it might be nice to have it as an option in Playbar room settings for the IR to control group volume. Open a feature request in the Ideas section over at ask.sonos.com
Is there a way the group volume can be controlled by the TV remote? I have the same issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge
same issue :@

please fix
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Same here 😠
Userlevel 2
Badge
yes, nando010
agree. this issue needs a fix. should be a method to keep group volume synced.