Playback speed is too fast

• 17 October 2013
  • 12 replies

I just set-up my play 1 with a bridge and connected it to a nas as a music source. It appears that all my songs are playing faster than they should, and the pitch is higher. What could be causing this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi User79297

could you please submit a system diagnostics whilst playing a track that is playing too fast? 

Please respond back with the confirmation number. 

How to submit a system diagnostic 

Regards, 

Daniel H.
Did this problem get resolved.  I experience this from time to time as well and cannot figure out the cause. Any ideas?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Did this problem get resolved.  
Hi Tom, 

I haven't heard back from User79297, but if you are seeing the same issue, could you please submit a system diagnostics whilst playing a track that is playing too fast? 

Please respond back with the confirmation number. 

How to submit a system diagnostic 

Regards, 

Daniel H.
playback speed seems slightly too fast. haven't tried full system reset. confirmation #3939167. Let me know - thanks.
playback speed seems too fast. haven't tried full system reset. confirmation #3939167. Let me know - thanks.
Problem seems to have gone away, not sure if it might have had something to do with problems with a faster router band - 5 mhz vs 2.4.  My HP printer (and all HP wireless printers) would not support the 5 mhz band.  I dropped that down and the problem with Sonos went away.  Not sure if this is related, but maybe.  Thanks for checking back.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
playback speed seems too fast. haven't tried full system reset. confirmation #3939167. Let me know - thanks.
Hi Jimmy, 

what player and what source were used when this happened? 
Sonos Player on MacBook, iphone and ipad all hade same issue.  Source whas Rhapsody
Having this same issue and playing off my Iphone my diagnostic # is 8219284
i am having same issue all of a sudden i submitted while track was playin would love some help
confirmation #8484466
Me too. On both pandora and Spotify #994765756
#11710675 happens with Spotify, SoundCloud, & even after closing and opening app as well as disconnecting & reconnecting.