Answered

Play back issue with Sonos Roam

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Got my Roam today and was using it for the best part of 2 hours.

All of a sudden the music stopped and I noticed the following error in the app:

“Playback stopped in Sonos Roam. Your Spotify account is in use somewhere else”

I have a family account so there’s no possibility that others in my family were using my account.  In the end I had to select the “sign out of all devices” option in Spotify and fingers cross it seems to have worked.

First time I’ve seen this problem in the many years I’ve used Sonos and wasn’t sure if it was coincidental  with the new Roam device or if it was genuine problem.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 April 2021, 17:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you sure that no one else in your family is using your account on another speaker?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

No. Just the Mrs at home and she doesn’t listen to music whilst working from home

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Update:

I think the problem may have been caused by my daughter and I listening to her playlist at the same time. We both have our own accounts. Still trying to prove it.

It would appear that it’s not Roam related but maybe for useful for others to be aware of.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kamenrider 

Thanks for your post!

If you have a Family account with Spotify, I believe you can have up to 6 simultaneous streams. It shouldn’t matter if two of you are both listening to the same playlist.

Did you switch from Bluetooth playback to normal WiFi streaming at any point? The change in public IP address (if, while on Bluetooth your phone was connected to Mobile Data) may have triggered something at Spotify’s end. Again, as you have a Family account, this shouldn’t matter.

If it keeps happening, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system, though it may be an idea to ask Spotify to check things too.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

No, the roam has always been on Wifi and yes the problem is still happening.

What did the technical support team say when you got in touch with them?

This is definitely something that needs to be looked into by Sonos/Spotify, as you’re not the first person to report this after after setting up the Roam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

There’s a similar thread here:

I’ve asked for this to be investigated - thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Kamenrider 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Ah, good to know it’s been looked into.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What did the technical support team say when you got in touch with them?

They didn’t have much to say other than the issue should be escalated to the devs.

I did some further testing last night.

Listening to some random music on the roam (not my daughter’s playlist) on Wifi via the S2 app.  Started to play some random music on my Sonos Arc/Wifi/S2 and the music on the Roam stopped with the error message in the original post.

Same exact issue here . Music will randomly stop playing and now it’s connected with no music coming out 

i set up a sonos roam was streaming fine for like a minute and then the streaming stop. tried again and again and it does the same thing. searched the web and many others are experiencing the same. It is a defective product

Massive issues woth my Roam dropping music playback. I have spent 6+ hours woth Sonos support trying endless different things to resolve and still the issue persists. Multiple diagnostic tests run and still NO eeolution. No such issues on my legacy Sonos One. Can’t I just get a replacement Roam device as others appear to have received and then saying no such issues with the new Roam device. Losing the will on this now!!!!