PLAY 5 WILL NOT FACTORY RESET

• 24 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Play 5 product does not work and will not factory reset. solid white light only, no matter what is attempted. (i.e. factory reset by power off, power on while holding mute, waiting 60+ secs; --or connecting with system by holding mute and volume while already on). repair options? or is this a hav ego buy a new one option. its a 2012 model serial number 1208 00-0E-58-5F-19-50-G

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Jonathan,

We'll open up an RMA for you. Keep an eye out on this email address for a message from us and reply back there to get it taken care of.

Cheers.
Hi all,

I have exactly the same issue: Cannot factory reset my Play5 (Gen1), it shows the white light and I cannot do anything to go through the reset procedure. Also when trying to install nothing happens when I press play & + buttons, so it seems it's completely stuck.

Please advise, this is the second time my play 5 malfunctions... first time I received a replacement. Very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,

Jack:?
Jack,

I'd recommend getting together with your retailer, or contact Sonos by phone.