Answered

Play:5 WIFI issues

• 7 October 2017
  • 7 replies

I have a Play:5 that no longer connects to my wireless setup. I already have a PlayBar, Sub and another 5 working flawlessly on the same WIFI network. The speaker connects fine using a direct router connection.

For wireless, it turns white but fails. Tried multiple factory resets with the same results. The controller, during setup, finds the speaker and gets stuck on "Please wait while the connection is completed". It then displays the "Not Connected" message.
icon

Best answer by thammoud 14 October 2017, 16:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

It may have a fault in the Wi-Fi card. While it is connected with an Ethernet cable, run a diagnostic, and then call in to Sonos to discuss. www.sonos.com/contact
Thank you very much. Opened a ticket with diagnostic 7930070. I see that SONOS only has phone support during weekdays. Must expect people to take off work to be next to their speakers.
The problem was the WIFI. Sonos sent me a replacement unit right away. Great service.
Glad to see this, I'm having the EXACT same issue with mine. Can't wait to call them in the AM.
having the same/similar issue with my Play 5
I'm havings save problem and have been on hold with customer service for over an hour now!
They've agreed to replace mine - something with the wireless card in the speaker. Barely under warranty when it went out. Hoping my other one doesn't decide to go in the next few months - just after warranty expires. I think they wanted $300 to fix if not in the warranty period. Sure seems like something is going on with the wireless cards in the gen 2s.