Answered

Play 5 Stopped Working on WIFI

• 11 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I’ve had the Play 5 for 13 months and it stopped working yesterday. I read through the forums and nothing seems to work. I factory reset it and tried to hook it up again. It only works when connected to Ethernet. I have a Play 1 that works fine. As soon as I unplug the cable it stops.

I’m a month out of warranty and worried I’m just SOL. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 11 February 2018, 02:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Sounds like a network problem of sorts. Suggest you submit a diagnostic ASAP to Sonos and post the reference ID in this forum. As far as being SOL regarding your warranty Sonos is very good about replacing defective units for a reduced cost as long as it's not customer induced (even then...maybe so)

Here's a link on how to submit a diagnostic: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/kw/submit%20a%20diagnostic

Good luck.
Thanks. I’m thinking it’s a hardware issue. I’ve been reading a lot of the forum suggestions and nothing works. I’ll call them on Monday. Thanks for your response.
Badge
I have the same issue with 2 Play:5 They both stopped working on wifi at the same time. So I guess this is a controller problem. I have 7 other Sonos speakers working fine on the network. Only the Play:5 does not work after the latest update
Badge
Well, Sonos just told me they will replace my speakers. So it might be a H/W problem after all !
Strange, very same thing just happened on my 14 month old Play:5...Sonos support very quickly identified the same WiFi card issue. Just waiting for confirmation of next steps but very helpful guys.