Question

Play 5 rapidly blinking green light problem

• 14 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Hi, Any offers for how to resolve a rapidly blinking green light on my Play 5 please? A Play 3 is fine. Alan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A normal flashing green means its ready to setup. Going into controller - settings...add play unit.

If it isn't adding or responding .... I guess first I would do is hard reset it since your Play:3 is working and holding all your settings.

Factory Reset
PLAY:5 (gen1)
1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
4.Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.

PLAY:5 (gen2)
1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
4.Once reset, the light will flash green, indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
Thanks for your time though no success. I'll raise again with SONOS. Alan
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Must be some type of hardware failure if reset doesn't get it blinking right.
Didn't work for me either, was it a hardware failure?
Best to call Sonos if you think it might be a hardware failure. You can find their number and hours at www.sonos.com/contact