Answered

Play 5 only connects with ethernet

• 9 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I can connect my Play 5 with ethernet.  If I then remove the cable it connects to wireless.  however if I power cycle the play 5 it won’t connect to wireless.  Appreciate any assistance.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 October 2021, 05:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

While it is connected to the router, submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I did as advised and contacted Sonos support.  After getting by the Bot I was connected to Eduardo M. Very helpful and knowledgeable.  After reviewing the diagnostic he determined that the wireless card was faulty.  Sonos are providing a replacement FOC under warranty.  So nice to deal with a proper company.  Sure the equipment is expensive but the support is fantastic.  Pity some other businesses can't learn from this.  Once again thank you.