Question

Play 5 is Dead - tried Factory Reset, switching power cord, and changing location. No Luck

• 21 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a house and a cottage full of Sonos speakers, including Play 1, Play 3's, several Play 5's, an Amp and more. One of the Play 5 units has suddenly stopped working.

I tried moving the unit to a different location and exchanging the power cord with one of the other Play 5 units but it seems to be completely dead. There is no flashing light and it has vanished from the network. I even tried assuming that it was just the LED light that wasn't working and attempted to initialize the speaker on my network but no luck.

At this point, I have to assume that the unit has simply died although it's only a couple of years old which seems premature. Is there a Sonos repair facility or some way I can get this unit replaced under warranty? I love my Sonos system but am very disappointed that it has died at such a tender age.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As near as I can tell, there's not a repair facility. I would highly recommend that you call in to Sonos to discuss the issue.