Play 5 Gen2 Color

• 4 March 2016
  • 5 replies

I would really like the new Play 5 Gen2 in white, but I have an issue with the front being black. Is there any possibility now or in the future of having a Play 5 Gen2 in the same color scheme as the white Play 3? The black front is not as discrete as I would like it to be.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You mean the speaker grill is black.
Yeah a white one would make more sense on a white speaker, although that would fade/get dirty as air moved through it. Even leaving it grey metal with holes would have been better. Must have saved costs somewhere I guess.
Yes, the grill is what I refer to. I would be fine with the grey grill as with the Play 3 white edition.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You mean the speaker grill is black.
Yeah a white one would make more sense on a white speaker, although that would fade/get dirty as air moved through it. Even leaving it grey metal with holes would have been better. Must have saved costs somewhere I guess.

No, as I understand this has been discussed before and the fact there isn't a grille (yet) in white is to do with material/production limitations and ensuring that a grille made white would be of the requisite standard/quality. At the time of release Sonos had not been able to produce (or their suppliers hadn't) a white grille.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I've got grey cloth grills on my white Cambridge audio surrounds, and they have got marks on them from dust passing through, so a white cloth would not work.
Has this gotten any further, I would really like a grey grille for my Play 5 - please Sonos make one that matches the Play 1!