Play 5 Gen 2 Dead - any out of warranty support?

• 20 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello -

I have two Play 5-Gen2s, Sub, and Connect (powering outdoors speakers) all connected over wifi. One of the Play 5s lost connection and would not connect (I tried several things over the course of half a day). I figured that maybe there was something wrong with my wifi (although this set up had been working for the last 6 months or so). So I bought a boost and added that to the system. Was still unable to connect the errant Play 5 and tried to reset multiple times etc. Finally on one such attempt (pressing the connect button on the Play 5) there was a low hissing sound and the unit just died. I replaced the power cord but to no avail.

I have liked the system so far and built around it but don't want to plonk down a lot of $ to replace the dead unit. I realize its out of warranty but any support available from Sonos towards a replacement given the high cost of the system?

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Only thing you can do is call them, and see.

contact Sonos
yes thanks - will do. I came from non-sonos world and convinced myself to go to Sonos, like it, and now have enough invested that it doesn't make sense to not to do sonos but very disappointed that I will have to shell out $500 to get a replacement.
Don't count your chickens (or some words to that effect) until you've talked to them. You don't know what is going to happen until it does.