Question

play 5 doesn’t connect

• 24 December 2017
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi
Suddenly the play 5 doesn’t connect anymore. The white light stays on but i cannot find the speaker anymore. The play 1 is still connected and works fine

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi i send diagnistic data : 8267844.
I tries to change betwork channeks etc like stated in doc network interference. Pls can you contact le for replacement donos play 5 ?
Userlevel 1
When I connect with network cable it works and play 5 is back in the controler. Diagnostic : 8267967. Pls can you contact me so I can exchange the player 5 for a new one ? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If it works when plugged in via network cable you appear not to have a hardware issue and there is no need to look for an exchange.

While it is working and connected via Ethernet. Go to your sonos app. SEttings...advanced...wifi setup. Complete the wifi setup. Then unplug from Ethernet. Give it about 5 minutes to re-adjust and see if it works then.
Userlevel 1
Hi
I just got a reply on a tweet from your colleague at 15.10 local time, who advised to exchange the unit due to a malfunctioning network card inside. So now I am confused. What exactly you want me to do ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I do not work for Sonos. Maybe you have gone through more detailed testing with Sonos rep. If you haven't I would at least try and see if there really is an issue.
Hey Phugaerts, I have the same problem with my PLAY:5 and have reported it to Sonos Support via their Twitter account ... it might be useful for you to start monitoring this Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/pvandenberk/status/944967121175531520 ... good luck getting your issue resolved!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Or you could ask for help here. The issues probably have nothing in common.
Thanks for the offer, Rock Star... if you're offering: Sonos Support on Twitter has gone quiet, so any help you can offer on this here forum would be much appreciated!!! I tried your earlier "Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Wireless Setup" suggestion, but that didn't work for me... it gave me the error message in the attached screenshot?!? 😞 Do you have any other suggestions I can try? Thanks very much in advance!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The way it sounds it isn’t finding a compatible network. Are you running a witeless N onlynwofi network or mixed. Also what security level are you running on it.
Thanks for your reply, Rock Star, but I don't think that's the issue... the PLAY:5 has been working without a problem for 6+ months, and stopped connecting over Wi-Fi all of a sudden, and not because I made any changes to the Wi-Fi network (it's been running with the same configuration for ages)... also, my PLAY:1 and PLAY:3 in the other rooms are connecting to the Wi-Fi without a problem, it's only the PLAY:5 that is acting up... 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
But it works just fine plugged in router. Playing music all the way through and everything. But when try and connect WiFi it sees nothing.

If you have another Sonos device hooked into the router instead of this one and try to connect this one what happens?
That's right, Chris, PLAY:5 working when wired into the router, and PLAY:1 & PLAY:3 are fine on the wireless, so no issue with my Wi-Fi network... I have in the meantime submitted diagnostics, and Sonos Support have confirmed its a problem with the on-board wireless card in the PLAY:5... sorting out a replacement as we speak... thanks for your help/suggestions, though!