Question

Play 5 Defect

• 28 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Play 5 wifi chip went bad

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

My warranty expired the end of November 2017. About a week later, my Play 5 was no longer connected to my network. After waiting 3 weeks to get through to customer service, I finally was able to talk with someone. The agent told me that my wifi chip is bad and this will be repaired or replaced at no charge. The follow-up email stated that I will need to pay over $360 to repair my Play 5. I fear having to spend another three weeks to get through to customer service and still not receive a straight answer. Has anyone else experienced this problem with Sonos customer service? Any advice? Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You need to call. They have been swamped by holidays. Waits aren’t normally to bad. Call them.
I called and was told there would be no charge for the repair. The follow-up email from customer service with the label for shipping the speaker said I need to pay $364. I fear that another call will result in more inconsistent information. The bottom line is that what I've been provided in writing is that I will need to pay for this repair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If they told you no charge thenwmail may be a mistake. I would call. If you were shortlynoutside warranty I image they will cover all.
I just received a follow-up email from Sonos noting that the replacement should indeed be "in-warranty." I went back into my RMA and indeed it does not that my Play 5 will be replaced at no charge. I appreciate Sonos correcting the original error and doing this rapidly. Thank you