Play 5 cutting out

• 9 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Play 5 keeps cutting out when using both Spotify and online radio stations/sites.  We have moved the speaker further away from the router but problem still persists.  I have don’t everything I can to reduced Wifi interference/conflict. All other speakers don’t have the problem and continue playing the music.  
diagnostic number is 822457304

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @s.blunt121.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Base on the Diagnostic your play5 is getting a wifi interference.

How far is the play5 to the boost?

You may also find this support document-link worth a read: Reduce wireless interference

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark,

thanks for getting back to me.  The 5 is about 5 metres away from the Boast.  It used to be right next to it but I moved it in an attempt to solve the cutting out.  Moving it hasn’t helped.  I will have another look at the video but I thought I had tried lost the options.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @s.blunt121.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Let's go ahead and troubleshoot the Play:5 can you try to hardwire the Play:5 to the boost and see if there will same issue.

If not then there might be a wifi interference going on in that location where you place the Play:5.

If the issue still unresolve I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as a remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Oh you guys kill me, didn’t you read the small print that says Sonos only works in “pristine environments”?

no neither did I because it ain’t there!! The only reason I found out is because **** at Sonos support informed me after I’d spent £1800 and 18 months of s*** playback 

oh and the kicker is **** can’t get his own Sonos system to function consistently 

Sonos works in far from pristine environments . I ran it without problems in a London flat in which 15 wifi networks appeared in my WiFi settings.  Please ignore the rants  from @P1553d off .

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi John B, I trust you are well and looking forward to Christmas?

I missed this response, for clarity the term “pristine environment” was coined by me it has been used multiple top tier techs at Sonos. 
they have consistently told me that my “expectations are too high”

this nonsense from them is what has driven my angst. 
I'm glad to hear that you managed to get your system to work under those conditions. 
it’s such a shame that a company such as Sonos fail to sort out these issues themselves and rely on you guys. 
All the best 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sorry the term was coined by Sonos not me!!

more speed less haste me thinks.