Answered

Play 5 analog audio output

• 5 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Will a new Sony TV analog audio output work with my play 5 ?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 September 2017, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I realize the sound will not be completely in sink.
Well, the 3.5mm jack in the PLAY:5 is analog, so pretty much any analog signal you feed it will work.

That being said, it's a stereo input, just like any 3.5 mm jack....well, they also could be mono, but this one is stereo. You certainly won't get anything beyond that. And yes, as you say, there will be an approximately 70 ms delay. so you may have issues with lip sync.
Badge +1
Well, the 3.5mm jack in the PLAY:5 is analog, so pretty much any analog signal you feed it will work.

That being said, it's a stereo input, just like any 3.5 mm jack....well, they also could be mono, but this one is stereo. You certainly won't get anything beyond that. And yes, as you say, there will be an approximately 70 ms delay. so you may have issues with lip sync.

I use the Play:5 in uncompressed mode using the line-in and lip syncing issues is non existent. It's just not that long of a time gap to be noticeable by my eyes. 🙂
That's awesome. When I tried it, with my old Sonys (before I replaced them with Vizios and PLAYBARS), it broke me. Drove me crazier than I already am. But I certainly recognize that people's issues are all different. I am delighted that it's not an issue for you.