Play 5

I bought the Play 5 a month ago to replace a Play 1 stereo pair. The initial impact of the 5 on its own was slightly underwhelming, especially given the spec and extra cost. I’ve adjusted a few settings to create the sound I am looking for, and I have noticed that when the 5 is placed upright the bass especially pack a bigger punch, and it feels more like the sound I was hoping to hear. Has anyone else noticed little difference between the 1 and the 5?

1 reply

See this thread ...

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/preferred-orientation-for-play-5-6739452

You have gone from a wider stereo soundstage to a narrow 'virtually mono' one. I’m surprised you did not prefer the Play 5 speaker horizontally, but we all have our own preferences. I think you would be far happier with a second Play 5 and then stand them both vertically... whether you prefer the tweeters on the inside edge or outside... again is a matter of personal taste.

Admittedly though a stereo pair of any Sonos speakers, including the smaller Play:1’s ...with the listener sat at the 'sweet spot', sound much better than any single standalone speaker, er.. IMHO.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings