Question

Play 3 with Echo Dot

• 2 January 2017
  • 9 replies

I know there is no line in on the Play:3 to plug it in the Dot but other than that I am not too tech savvy. Are my choices either stick with my Play3 or buy a new bluetooth speaker to pair with the Dot? Is there any way for them to work together? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Wait a little bit. Sonos announced last August they have partnered with Amazon to integrate Echo/Alexa devices with all Sonos speakers in early 2017. No line-in needed, it will be wirelessly.

Press release:

http://press-us.sonos.com/134980-sonos-with-partners-and-industry-leaders-ushers-in-new-era-of-connected-home-listening

Video:
Awesome thanks. I'm assuming thiswill be compatible with the Play3 and thats ideal for what i am looking for. I dont want to have to spend a few hundred bucks on a new bluetooth speaker. Thanks for the help
Sonos stated in the press release the integration will work with all current and previously sold Sonos devices. So yes, the Play:3 is included.
Its now May, middle of 2017 and still nothing.
Badge +3
you could always try the yonomi app. Somwtimes a bit buggy with sonos but may be worth using in the meantime. I mainly use it for 'turn on/off kithen sonos'.

Cant wait for full integration
Thanks. I would prefer Sonos deliver on what they said in Dec 2016.
Sonos stated in their press release they would have a general release in 2017. It's still 2017.
I think there needs to be some more progress updated on this, i've recently bought both a play 3 and a sonos dot but being played as two independent items right now and really is a waste.
I think there needs to be some more progress updated on this, i've recently bought both a play 3 and a sonos dot but being played as two independent items right now and really is a waste.

Sonos has recently stated the following:

The Alexa integration already has the highest priority here and the team's working to bring it out with all necessary fires burning under the right seats. While we're not sharing a timeline beyond the promise that it'll be out this year, that doesn't mean it's far out, just that it isn't here yet. We tend not to give timelines but wanted everyone to know this was the direction we're heading, so in this case, the company broke the usual silence and let slip some plans.

As soon as we have any further details to share we'll be letting everyone know.