Question

Play:3 will play radio but not iTunes music

• 3 March 2013
  • 7 replies

Play:3 will play radio but not iTunes music from Mac unless Grouped to Play:5. Mac desktop controller cannot see Play:3 but ipod controller can. Play:3 Error '\\library\' no longer available

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Kevin - From your description, it looks like your Sonos it trying to connect to a stale network location of your Mac. There are many reasons this could happen. To resolve this, try the following: From the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac, can you choose Manage > Music Library Settings... Highlight your music share and click the "-" sign to remove it. Once removed, click the "+" sign and re-add your music share. After the share has added and reindexed, please attempt to play music from your iTunes library. Let us know if the issue persists.
hi, I have tried this but still my Play:3 cannot access iTunes and the Mac desktop controller cannot connect to the Play:3. The Bridge and Play:5 work fine
hi, I have tried this but still my Play:3 cannot access iTunes and the Mac desktop controller cannot connect to the Play:3. The Bridge and Play:5 work fine
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Kevin, could you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos and reply back here with the diagnostic confirmation number? I will check to see if there are anything in the diagnostic logs that could tell us what is going wrong here. https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
Hi, have cycled the Mac today and it has fixed?! Seems to be working fine. Tried this yesterday and it didn't. Diagnostic report 2351422 Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Thanks Kevin - the diagnostic looks good, though the uptime on the PLAY:3 was only several minutes. Please let us know if the issue comes back.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
One more thing, Kevin - can you make sure that the power cord is pressed firmly into the PLAY:3? It is a very tight fit, you should see that the power cord is flush with the unit when fully seated. You can see an image of this in the following Answer linked below: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/503