Question

Play:3 solid white light, controller doesn't find it.

• 13 February 2020
  • 1 reply

So I have a beam, a sub and a Play:3, I have the beam and sub in one room and the play 3 in another. All were working great and then I had to reset my wifi network, didn’t change any settings, literally just unplugged the router for a bit and plugged it back in. Now my Play:3 won’t connect to wifi.

I did the hard wire to the router and got it playing while hard wired to the router but then when I disconnected it and took it to the new room it won’t show in the app and just has a solid white light. I do the “find missing product” and it gets to the point where it says the speaker has created it’s own network and to connect to it but when I got to my wireless networks there is no “sonos” network. 

Anything you can do to help would be great, this is beyond frustrating. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It sounds like you’re trying to set up the PLAY:3 as a new and separate system. I’d recommend that you factory reset the PLAY:3, possibly again, and the open your controller so it shows the Beam and SUB, then go to Settings>System, and scroll down to + Add Product. That will add the PLAY:3 to your current system, and there will be no looking for the “Sonos” network.