Play :3 Dead?

• 5 May 2014
  • 4 replies

My sonos has simply died overnight. Fuse on the plug has been checked, plug has been checked in various sockets and it has been linked to a the MAC and separate MAC via ethernet cable all to no avail. Surely a product such as this doesn't simply die after such a short life span? Where can I get it checked? Yes it is out of warranty but I would be shocked if it is a write off at only three years old. Play :3 Serial -00-0E-58-79-90-A6:9 Product - SONOS PLAY:3 (PLAY3-BLK)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Mark,

If you have tried multiple outlets/reseated the power cord and you are still not seeing any power lights on the device, it points to an issue with the device itself. The last option could be use a power cord from an alternate Sonos device to see if it may be a bad power cord. 

Please also ensure that the power cable is inserted all the way as shown here
I am having the same trouble with my play 3.. i have done all the checks as above.. any suggestions please Sally
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I am having the same trouble with my play 3.. i have done all the checks as above.. any suggestions please Sally
@Sally, I would contact sonos to see if they can repair your play 3.
For people reading this topic that have a broken play-3, also read:
https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/play-3-powersupply-fault-41786/index1.html

There is already quite a few people there (including myself) with identical faults on the power supply board manufactured 8-4-11