Question

Play 3 and S2

• 20 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

When i login to my Sonos.com account it states my 2 Play 3

are not compatible with S2 app but they play great no problems.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jtkeep.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

Commonly, players will show as incompatible and will not allow you to update when the update process in S2 was interrupted.

I suggest the following guidelines to try and resolve this:

• We have to ensure that the products are S2 compatible.
  • Uninstall the S2 app
  • Return to the S1 app and restart the update process, including downloading the S2 app
  • Ensure that once in the S2 app starts the update, it should not be interrupted.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thanks. for your reply, this for me sounds complicated 

and for me not a good idea as i would say,if it is not broke

dont fix it so i will keep on useing my Play 3.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jtkeep.

Thanks for your response and I certainly understand your point.

I appreciate you bringing this up to our attention and rest assured that it is being closely monitored by our Engineering team.

If just in any case that you may have other questions or run into issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

All the best!