Play:1 iOS7 Not Showing "This iPhone/iPad" as Source

• 27 December 2013
  • 3 replies

I recently purchased a Play:1 for my kitchen. I am able to connect to and select Pandora and other sources with (2) different iPhone 5s's and a iPad Mini all running iOS 7.0.4, however the actual iPhone or iPad do not show up as sources in the list of music sources. The Sonos bridge is connected to an Airport Extreme and I've confirmed that I'm able to connect to the Play:1 on both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequency bands. I am very frustrated because i can't stream anything other than internet radio and really wanted to be able to stream podcasts.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Greg,

Could you please confirm if the music is physically located on the iPad or iPhone and not in the cloud? Also that the music is available via iTunes from the devices and not Spotify for exemple.

If it is the case, I would recommend to import a song or san album from a computer to the iOS devices via i
tunes, power cycle them and try again. This should force the detection and This iPhone should appear.

Let me know if this worked.

Thanks.
Looks like an updated version of the Sonos app does not have that setting on by default. I recently changed phones and re-down loaded the app and was surprised to see "on this phone" missing under Browse.

To fix go to Settings\Sonos go to the bottom of this setting you will see ITUNES MUSIC & PODCASTS "On This Device" move the slider to on.
Hmmm. You're responding to a 5 year old thread.