Answered

Play:1 - How to add as a Windows audio device to play computer audio and as a device connected to sonos network

• 15 March 2018
  • 2 replies

How to add as a Windows audio device to play computer audio and as a device connected to Sonos network? Just purchased a Play1 device. I was told I could play my music with the connect device and it is. But I was also told that I could have it work as my computer speaker as well. ( No, do not need 3 speakers on my desktop) Yes added the device thru Windows 10. Not shown as a playback device in the computer or the CONNECT AMP as well.
So is it even possible?
- The speaker is not that rich in sound, even after tweaking the EQ. The base is flat.
- Is there a better speaker with richer sound?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 16 March 2018, 00:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hello; I have a line into my CONNECT and I have been able to establish a connection to my music file but I cannot stream other audio (such as windows media player.) The Line-In component shows up in the Browse list however it does not play when I click on it. Help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, JulieBeeBoop. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you want to bring your computer audio into Sonos, you need to use Line-In on the back of your CONNECT.

After doing so, you will see in the Browse section of the Sonos Controller, a new source that says "Line-In". When you select this audio source, you will be able to hear your computer audio just like a music service on Sonos. Complete with the ability to group across your entire system. I've personally done this at my apartment, so feel free to ask any questions. I'll be happy to help.