Play 1 cutting out

• 24 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi. I have a play 1 that keeps cutting out. It is the only wireless component in my sonos network. I have another pair of play 1s and a connect but these are wired.
As a test I have placed the wireless play 1 right next to my router and i still get cut outs so it cannot be due to a poor signal. Can someone offer any help please?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You may have a duplicate IP address on that speaker. Although for testing, “right next to” isn’t really appropriate, there should probably be 18 to 36 inches between the router and any device connected to its WiFi signal.

Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router has settled in, plug back in one of the Sonos devices, and wait for it to fully boot up. Then move on to the next Sonos device, and plug it in. Repeat for as many Sonos devices you unplugged in the beginning.

This process resets your routers DHCP table, as well as any “saved” IP addresses by your speakers, and gives them all new and unduplicate addresses, which should likely resolve your issue.