Answered

Play:1 and Airplay w

• 3 July 2019
  • 8 replies

I am running IOS12.x and the latest Sonos controller update.
I have 2 Pairs of Play:1 paired in seperate rooms as a group and one pair in a third room with a sub.

AirPlay doesn't see any of it.

From what I am reading, I would need ALL these in a single group (except the Sub) to get Airplay to see any of them, or perhaps break them up into single units, losing the L R stereo sound. Is this correct?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 3 July 2019, 17:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I guess @Non tech is referring to the pending removal of the On this iPhone feature.
The Sonos Play:1 is not Airplay capable, the Sonos One is.
From what I am reading, I would need ALL these in a single group (except the Sub) to get Airplay to see any of them, or perhaps break them up into single units, losing the L R stereo sound. Is this correct?

In addition to what @jgatie stated, the statement above is completely false. You only need one speaker/room to be airplay capable. You can then group that room with your other rooms.
You can also use SonoSequncr to pair a One with a Play:1.
So the answer for my Sonos Play 1’s x 3 and Airplay is not to take the upgrade when it comes and continue playing via my wifi?

love it
So the answer for my Sonos Play 1’s x 3 and Airplay is not to take the upgrade when it comes and continue playing via my wifi?

love it

I guess @Non tech is referring to the pending removal of the On this iPhone feature.
Ah I see... well that definitely confused me. Thanks Smilja.
Yes, that is correct, the impending reduction in service for those of u s that are perfectly happy with the status quo of wifi