Answered

Plain and Simple…..don’t need pop up ads on the Sonos Controller

I had an urgent need, and I mean urgent need to get the volume turned down…NOW. Couldn’t get it done because of the pop up ad nonsense from the brains at Sonos. Why does this crap have to hinder an otherwise smooth operation?

Ditch the billboard!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 16 May 2022, 03:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Have you turned off product information and announcements via the Sonos App in your account profile? Under Contact Options? See example below:

Yes. They still come thru. Very “pushy”. 

Odd, I’m not getting them, having chosen the options that Ken recommends. 

Odd, I’m not getting them, having chosen the options that Ken recommends. 

Yes that is odd - normally when that ‘Sonos App’ option has been unchecked @kingc the App stops getting the announcements and the type of information mentioned, unless the things mentioned in the text that accompanies the ‘contact options’ applies in your case?… if you’re not happy for any reason, then perhaps contact Sonos Support via this LINK and discuss it directly with them to get the matter resolved.

I suppose the other option might be that you accidentally have two different emails/accounts, and you’re logging in to the website with the ‘other’ account, not the one your Sonos is using…..

Just one account. Will have to try Care this week.