Question

pairing sl with play 1 gen 2(alexa)

• 9 June 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a complete 5.1 system but wanted to add to another room. With my system I have 2 play 1 gen 2. Was thinking of saving some dollars and buy 2 SL and replace one of the play 1 with and Sl and then pairing the sl and one together for both areas. Any thoughts????

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You cant pair a PLAY:1 with a Sonos One. Both speakers in the pair have to be the same model, two Sonos Ones, two PLAY:1s. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I have a complete 5.1 system but wanted to add to another room. With my system I have 2 play 1 gen 2. Was thinking of saving some dollars and buy 2 SL and replace one of the play 1 with and Sl and then pairing the sl and one together for both areas. Any thoughts????

In your title you call it a Play:1 (Gen 2) (Alexa). I suspect therefore these are Sonos Ones, not Play:1s, which are an older product. If that is correct, then you will be able to buy two One SLs and pair those with the Ones.