Question

pairing Play 1 and One Sl.

• 31 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Doubtless a much targeted query.. 

recommended in store to purchase a one SL to create another stereo set in the house, using a play 1 I already have. 
seems this is not possible? Can anyone confirm?

many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Phil G.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you wanted to confirm if the Play 1 and the Sonos One Sl could not be stereo paired. Let me help you out.

Yes, as indicated in the guide about Create a stereo pair. Only the Sonos One Gen 1, Sonos One Gen 2, or Sonos One SL can be stereo paired with each other. This, however, does not include the Sonos Play 1. The Sonos Play 1 can only be paired with another Sonos Play 1 only.

I hope this answers your question.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi.…

Is there a definitive list of what speakers work with what sonos app?..

I am using the older Sonos 1 app but ned to know what i can buy that will NOT necessitate installing the newer Somos2 app..

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @User957959.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention. I understand you wanted to know about what Sonos devices are compatible with the s1 or s2 Sonos App. Let me help you out.

All of the Sonos devices are compatible with both the Sonos S1 and S2 app except for the Sonos Arc, Sub gen 3, and the Sonos Five. These 3 newly released Sonos devices are compatible with the Sonos S2 app only, they are not compatible with the Sonos S1 app. Let me share with you the Sonos S2 compatibility guide where this is discussed more briefly.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, we are always ready to help.

Thanks,