outdoor speaker

Userlevel 1
c'mon sonos - please let us know when the outdoor speaker will be available. it would be an industry leader and i am holding off, as well as many others, until it's release. thanks guys and keep up the great work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

please add an outdoor option!
Sonos: Any News for Sonos Outdoor Speakers?

We are all still waiting for them to be released!!

I'm about to buy some outdoor speakers to go with my 3x Play 1's, Playbar and Sub.

Please provide an update asap?
Why are you waiting for something that Sonos have NEVER said they're going to release?

Why are you waiting for an update on something that Sonos have NEVER once mentioned they're even looking into?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone make a portable, rechargeable, weatherproof, wireless, multi-room speaker? I can't think of any.
You'd think the fact the OP in this thread is 2 years old would be a clue.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Why are you waiting for something that Sonos have NEVER said they're going to release?

Why are you waiting for an update on something that Sonos have NEVER once mentioned they're even looking into?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone make a portable, rechargeable, weatherproof, wireless, multi-room speaker? I can't think of any.

Yes, Denon makes waterresistant multiroomspeakers with a battery if needed.
http://usa.denon.com/us/news/news/141

Water resistant is not the same as weatherproof. The play:1 is moisture resistant.

You'd almost think they'd been reading these forums to get ideas for what to do next (it adds a Bluetooth adapter as well). Given that Sonos have sued them for patent and copyright infringement I wouldn't be at all surprised...

Water resistant is not the same as weatherproof. The play:1 is moisture resistant.

But water-resistant is good enough for leaving on the patio and not writing it off if a bit of rain falls on it. Just not for putting in the pool. Play:1 is just good for humid rooms like bathrooms with steamy showers or anywhere in South Florida. Big difference.
Just bring your Play:1s outside with you. And back in when you're done. Need more permanence? There are a ton of outdoor speakers available that you can hook to a Connect:Amp. My patio has been set up that way since 2009. There ... Your wait is over.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
There are a ton of outdoor speakers available that you can hook to a Connect:Amp. My patio has been set up that way since 2009. There ... Your wait is over.

Exactly what I have done. And a much more elegant solution than stand alone speakers placed outdoors (IMHO).
This is exactly my plan for the next weeks, two different outside areas ran of Amps.
This is exactly my plan for the next weeks, two different outside areas ran of Amps.

Let me know what you did and how it works out. New patio this summer looking for sound options to use with my Sonos.
Badge
Hope this happens.
Badge
Seems there would be a market for this...fingers crossed!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
haven't seen anything about outdoor speakers from Sonos. Connect:Amp feeding standard outdoor speakers still a very good option. In many ways better then other outdoor solutions.
Badge
I'm glad to see OUTDOOR speakers is an issue here, it's why I logged into this forum. Guess I don't need to add another request - but thanks for the tip about the Denon speakers. SONOS could've made a sale but I guess I'll go to Denon. Outdoor speakers - what better use for wireless?
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
A battery powered base station for the Play 1 would be a good idea, i'm surprised a 3 third party hasn't produced one
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A battery powered base station for the Play 1 would be a good idea, i'm surprised a 3 third party hasn't produced one

Not really that surprising when you consider the size/cost it would likely needs be. Of course it may be that at some point battery technology will make this possible
Userlevel 2
Don't see ANY responses from Sonos themselves. Would really love Sonos outdoor speakers to compliment the rest of our Sonos speakers. Is there ANY talk about this as a new addition to their product line. A Sonos representative.. PLEASE RESPOND!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos is not going to respond. They do monitor requests and pass info from this website along to development teams. But the most they would say is "thank you for your feedback"

they would never confirm or deny a product until launch. I personally don't expect a battery operated device but maybe at somepoint a device rated more waterproof (the Play:1 is water resistant).
I would buy a Sonos outdoor waterproof portable rechargeable wireless speaker for $400
I'd just like to add my (albeit insignificate)weight to the argument for a Sonos outdoor speaker solution. I've read thru the thread, and understand all the arguments and opinions, but the reason I've invested so much so far is because (imho) Sonos is so bloody good. I don't want to go elsewhere for outdoor, weatherproof speakers that I can leave outside permenently, or have to invest in a connect:amp. I just want the same Sonos quality and flexibility outdoors.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Connect amp to made for outdoor wired speakers I believe is going to continue to be the best option.
I would like to add my name as a true and faithful SONOS user to PLEASE REQUEST an outdoor SONOS speaker. For me, it does not have to be a battery driven device ... AC Power is fine. I would think it should be at least a Play:3 or Play:5 speaker, as it i# not an enclosed space and needs power. I desperately want my SONOS music available outside. PLEASE !!!!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Here it is...
https://paryloc.com/paryloc-offers-waterproofed-sonos-one/

I ordered one and it works great. This company is trying to work with Sonos but Sonos said No... so... he will do it on his own.

Tell him Florida Dan sent you.