Answered

Outdoor enclosure for Sonos One?

• 10 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I would like to occasionally use my Sonos One speaker outside adjacent to the hot tub to play music and use Alexa for turning some lights on/off etc. and wondered if there was a suitable outdoor enclosure to offer some protection against the elements?

I don't want to keep it outside 24/7/365 but mainly for when the hot tub is being used so it doesn't have to be fully waterproof.

It might be good to leave it in the enclosure for some days or maybe even a week at a time but for most of its life I would unplug it and take it in the house so it doesn't have to be a permanent fixture.

I am based in the UK so shouldn't be subject to extremes of weather either.

Any ideas of something suitable I could use please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 May 2019, 17:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I wouldn't bother with an enclosure really, just make sure not to leave it outside when you aren't using it. You'll need good wifi coverage out there. And of course, keep it several feet away from the edge of the tub.
And don't mess with the power plug while you're wet, or the cable is wet, or the floor is wet. One of the reasons that Sonos won't support this kind of thing is the potential for electrocution. I'd assume it's why the Sonos Amp and outdoor speakers are usually recommended.
Badge
Keep an eye out, there is a 3rd party outdoor enclosure coming for Sonso One and Play:1's very soon.

@dan holding, any update on this ‘keep an eye out’?

Badge

@wglamore sorry for the delayed response… check out https://terrapinoutdoorsolutions.com/

Looking for a wall mounted solution. I have limited space.