Opportunity to switch to the competition?

• 23 January 2020
  • 1 reply

With the recent announcement from Sonos about lack of future software support/for older units I understand that there are software limitations on the older devices; however Sonos need to be wary that bad marketing (like this) and not seeming to care about your current customer base (like this appears) could lead people to start to take the services of the competition. This is becoming a more competitive field now so Sonos should consider their position carefully with this. I have been an avid supporter of theirs for many years and have multiple units (both new and old) but to be told that the new units will also be affected is disappointing to say the least of it

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I agree Andy.  I have Sonos throughout my house, include Connect boxes to integrate my Naim system into it.  I was weighing up the pros and cons of a Play 5 for my office or a Naim Mu-So QB & a Port. 

The recent announcement has made this a very easy decision, I’m going into my Naim dealer at the weekend to order a Mu-So without the Port. 

Naim have multi room capability and I will gradually migrate to them.  Naim have taken a very different approach.  They have been explicit that older products will not receive updates to new services like Roon etc, but will continue to support legacy products to enable their longevity.  

£3000 spent on Sonos over the last 5 years, I will gradually migrate to Naim now unless Sonos come up with a solution