Answered

One speaker missing from Sonos controller

• 3 February 2018
  • 6 replies

One speaker is not on the controller. The white lamp is blinking slowly no matter what I do.
I have tried to "add a speaker or a sub..." but the light does not change when I press the two buttons simultaneously.
I have tried to connect by ethernet cable to my Bridge, but there is no blinking light in the Ethernet socket; netither in the speaker nor in the Bridge.
I have tried to move the speaker close to my router and my Bridge.
I have tried to reboot my router
Diagnostic report 8450108
icon

Best answer by Keith N 15 February 2018, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Since all of your other speakers are working properly .... I would do a factory reset on it. Then try to add it wirelessly. If doesn't add wirelessly try plugging it via Ethernet to router.
Thanks for your suggestion, but no.
I tried to do a factory reset. I depressed the start-button for 3 minutes (checked on my watch) but the lamp kept blinking white. It never turned yellow.
This is the same I see when trying to add it to my system. After depressing start- and plus-buttons simultaneous, the lamp keep blinking white. It never turns yellow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, phammer. Thanks for posting about this and apologies for not catching this any sooner. I noticed that you still haven't reached out to us or the support team about this yet. If the unit will not factory reset and is generally unresponsive, it will likely need to be replaced. In this case, you will need to reach out to our support team on the phone so they can get that process started for you.
Hello Keith
Thanks for catching up on my problem.
I must admit I cannot distinguish between sonos Community and Sonos Support.
I created an error report and sent it to somebody, so I assumed I was in contact with the Support ?
I have tried to look at the Sonos homepage. I can see that there is no telephone number for the Danish office, but I cannot find out who to contact and how ?
Can you please advise me on how to continue - and maybe in the future consider restructuring your support pages so that it is easier to find help - especially outside the USA.
I suspect in my case it is a hardware fault, so I need help to have this fixed.
B.rgds. Peter
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi Peter. Based on the email address you have set up here in the Community, there is no communication logged in our Support system. Unless you sent us an email from a different email, we do not have any information on file regarding you reaching out to us.

Either way, if you follow the link provided, it should take you to the Danish support page.

Here is the contact information should you have problems finding it: Call us at 80 40 01 77 Mon-Fri: 10.00-18.00

Thanks!
Thanks Keith
I will be away on holiday for the next two weeks, but I will call the suggested phone number as soon as I am back :-)
Peter