No white light

• 20 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’ve just realised that one of my of Play:1s isn’t working. No sound or control. I’ve trying unplugging and no white light on boot. I’ve tried the cable and socket of the other play:1 in the pair and nothing. It’s dead.

How can I get support from Sonos? It’s years old so out of warranty? Have I any other options but to by a new one?

Thanks

Darren

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Call Sonos, they may be able to do something for you if you haven't opened the Play 1 up. Here or Twitter probably aren't your best options.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, dddarren. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Stanley_4 is spot on with the suggestion to give our support technicians a call. They are able to verify all the troubleshooting you've already done and to get this Play:1 sorted.
Well after leaving it unplugged for a few hours while I went out it’s showing up in the app and playing again, still no light tho regardless of what the setting is or what I press. Dead LED?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did someone go into the controller's room settings and turn your light off?
No. I normally have it off anyway but turned it on and the other in the pair is illuminated. But you always get response on button presses and should always show at boot.

Speaker works again so no biggie, just annoying now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It could be worse... I have a paired set of Play 3s, one has a very bright LED and one is really dim. Since they sit under a shelf the glow at night is very noticeably different.